Monday, March 21, 2016

RICH JONES

My favorite memory of Jack is when he and I moved into new adjoining offices in the newly completed North Wing of 10 Davis Drive. He wanted, and obtained, the office furthest away from everyone else. He wanted peace and quiet. But he hated the hollow-core door to his office. He looked around and found a solid-core door—to the Board of Directors meeting room in a different wing. So one weekend when I was working there, he switched doors. Just popped them off their hinges, and carried them to where he wanted them. I bet the Board never noticed the difference . . . but Jack sure did. He was a very determined guy, wasn't he?

When I started Scott/Jones Publishing in 1988, one of my investing angels was Jim Leisy, Sr. Jim said he would refer to Jack as "my favorite problem" . . . "problem" because of his battles with production/Bob Sass; "favorite" because he was always making good books happen. 


My life is better for knowing him and Cecie.


Respectfully,
Rich Jones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, Frank, Jack, and The Hall of the Creative Unpredictables. I miss all of you.
-Cecie

Post a Comment